TRIANGLE HOME AND SCHOOL ASSOCIATION
CLASS PARENT GUIDELINES
A. Class parents must be HSA members. A membership form is available here: 2016-17 Membership Form (4).pdf
B. There are three (3) parties/events scheduled for the 2016-17 school year:
1. Halloween Party - Monday, October 31, 2016
a. Parade - 8:15am
b. Parties for AM Kindergarten through 4th Grade will follow parade
c. Parties for PM Kindergarten – determined by the teacher
d. All Parties will be craft/game only – NO FOOD
2. Winter Party - Friday, December 23 , 2016
a. Party times are determined by the teacher
3. End of Year Party - Please coordinate with Teacher
C. Party Arrangements
1. Please have all party arrangements (food, games, crafts) approved by teacher in advance. 2. Please provide healthy snacks. Food choices must follow policy outlined in the handbook.
3. Please be sure to have nut free foods at all class parties REGARDLESS of whether you are in a nut-free classroom. Nut allergies are life threatening and we want to avoid any adverse situations in school. If you have any questions about possible snack options, please contact me or the parent of the allergic children in your classroom.
D. HSA Meeting Attendance – At least 1 class parent should plan to attend each meeting
1. All meetings are 7:00pm in the school's library.
1. If a digital camera is available to you, please take photos of class events throughout the year and forward a disk to the Yearbook Committee. If no digital camera is available to you, please inform the teacher and one will be provided to you.
F. Class Party Donations
1. The HSA contributes $50 per class to help defray costs. Classes with enrollment less than 10 will receive $25.
2. You may also receive monetary donations and/or donations of party goods from parents.
G. Party Attendance - ONLY CLASS PARENTS may attend parties - NO siblings are permitted to attend Parties.
H. If at any time you are unable to fulfill your duties, please contact me (Leigh Johnson) – firstname.lastname@example.org or (732) 309-9658 so that a substitute can be found. Spouses are not a suitable substitute when other class parent volunteers (who were not chosen) are available to help!